The Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship recognizes the significant contributions of emerging professionals at early stages in their careers and helps defray the costs associated with the Architect Registration Examination (ARE). Developed by AIA’s National Associates Committee, the scholarship honors the memory of our late friend and colleague, Jason Pettigrew.
Congratulations to the 2016 scholarship recipients!
Kristina Arzaga-Kotlier, Assoc. AIA
Clayton Cowell, Assoc. AIA
Linaea Floden, Assoc. AIA
Adam Word Gates, Assoc. AIA
Taylor Holloway, Assoc. AIA
LaShaun Key, Assoc. AIA
Michael LeClere, Assoc. AIA
David Leestma, Assoc. AIA
Jennifer Matthews, Assoc. AIA
Frederick Scharmen, Assoc. AIA
2017 Scholarship information:
Submissions for the 2017 scholarship will be open in Spring 2017.
You’re eligible to apply to for this scholarship if you are an Associate AIA member with an NCARB record.
*Please note, National Associates Committee members (advisory committee or regional associate directors) are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Your application should demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Significant contributions to the profession at an early career stage
- Exemplary involvement in community and/or professional organizations
- Outstanding achievement in the creation, development, and delivery of creative programs for emerging professionals in architecture
- Passion for pursuit of architectural licensure
Please include the following information with your submission:
- Completed application
- Statement of contribution to the profession (limited to one page)
- One professional biography and/or résumé (limited to two pages)
- Primary recommendation letter (limited to one page)
- Two additional recommendation letters from a colleague or supervisor (limited to one page each)
- Proof of eligibility to sit for the ARE
Scholarship recipients will receive funds to cover the cost of the ARE and study materials provided by Brightwood Architecture Education.
Questions? Contact the AIA Center for Emerging Professionals firstname.lastname@example.org