The Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship recognizes the significant contributions of emerging professionals at early stages in their careers and helps defray the costs associated with the Architect Registration Examination (ARE). Developed by AIA’s National Associates Committee, the scholarship honors the memory of our late friend and colleague, Jason Pettigrew. Scholarship recipients receive funds to cover the cost of the ARE and study materials.
Submissions for the 2017 scholarship are now closed. Recipients will be announced at the end of July. Information about the 2018 scholarship will be available in early spring 2018.
You’re eligible to apply to for this scholarship if you are an Associate AIA member and an ARE candidate.
*Please note, National Associates Committee members (advisory committee or regional associate directors) are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Your application should demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Significant contributions to the profession at an early career stage
- Exemplary involvement in community and/or professional organizations
- Outstanding achievement in the creation, development, and delivery of creative programs for emerging professionals in architecture
- Passion for pursuit of architectural licensure
Please include the following information with your submission:
- Completed application
- Statement of contribution to the profession (limited to one page)
- One professional biography and/or résumé (limited to two pages)
- Primary recommendation letter (limited to one page)
- Two additional recommendation letters from a colleague or supervisor (limited to one page each)
- Proof of eligibility to sit for the ARE
Questions? Contact the AIA Center for Emerging Professionals firstname.lastname@example.org