AIA Large Firm Roundtable ARE Scholarship
The Architects Foundation’s Large Firm Roundtable (LFRT) ARE Scholarship helps fulfill the LFRT’s goal to double the number of licensed Black architects by 2030. The scholarship defrays the costs associated with the Architect Registration Examination (ARE), provides a one-year subscription to ArchiPrep and covers one year of Associate AIA or NOMA member dues.
- identify as Black or African American,
- be a current Associate AIA member or NOMA member,
- hold an active National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) record,
- and be eligible to sit for the Architect Registration Examination (ARE).
Applications for the 2022 LFRT ARE Scholarship are now closed. Sign up to receive notifications about the next application cycle opening.
Applicants must submit:
- Completed online application
- Personal statement demonstrating your passion for the pursuit of architectural licensure (limited to 500 words)
- One professional biography and/or résumé (limited to two pages)
- Proof of eligibility to sit for the ARE
- Up to three recommendation letters (encouraged but not required; limited to one page each)
View our frequently asked questions >
2022 Selection Committee
More information about the selection committee will be released. Please address letters of reference to the “2022 Selection Committee.”
Application period: Monday, November 1 – Monday, January 17
Review period: January – April 2022
Scholarship recipient selection meeting: May 2022
Scholarship recipients notified: Immediately following the meeting
Thank you to our sponsor!