Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship
$2k Scholarships plus study materials
The Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship recognizes the significant contributions of emerging professionals at early stages in their careers and helps defray the costs associated with the Architect Registration Examination (ARE). Developed by the AIA National Associates Committee, the scholarship honors the memory of late friend and colleague, Jason Pettigrew, Assoc. AIA.
Scholarship recipients will receive funds to cover the cost of the ARE, as well as study materials to prepare for testing.
- Be a current Associate AIA member
- Hold an active National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) record
- Be eligible to sit for the Architect Registration Examination (ARE)
Applications for the 2023 Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship are now open through January 20, 2023.
Applications should demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Significant contributions to the profession at an early career stage
- Exemplary involvement in community and/or professional organizations
- Outstanding achievement in the creation, development, and delivery of creative programs for emerging professionals in architecture
- Passion for pursuit of architectural licensure
View our frequently asked questions >
2023 Selection Committee:
More information about the selection committee will be released. Please address letters of reference to the “2023 Selection Committee.”
Application period: Monday, November 7, 2022– Friday, January 20, 2023
Review period: February – May 2023
Scholarship recipient selection meeting: May 2023
Scholarship recipients notified: Immediately following the meeting
First scholarship disbursement: August 2023
Want to apply for the award in the future? Sign up to receive notifications on the next application cycle opening.