Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship
$2k Scholarships, study materials & ArchiPrep
The Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship recognizes the significant contributions of emerging professionals at early stages in their careers and helps defray the costs associated with the Architect Registration Examination (ARE). Developed by the AIA National Associates Committee, the scholarship honors the memory of late friend and colleague, Jason Pettigrew. Assoc. AIA.
Scholarship recipients will receive funds to cover the cost of the ARE, as well as study materials and access to ArchiPrep.
- Be a current Associate AIA member
- Hold an active National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) record
- Be eligible to sit for the Architect Registration Examination (ARE)
Applications should demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Significant contributions to the profession at an early career stage
- Exemplary involvement in community and/or professional organizations
- Outstanding achievement in the creation, development, and delivery of creative programs for emerging professionals in architecture
- Passion for pursuit of architectural licensure
Applications for the 2021 Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship are closed. Sign up to receive notifications on the next application cycle opening.
Application period: Wednesday, June 9 – Thursday, September 30
Review period: October – November 2021
Scholarship recipient selection meeting: December 2021
Scholarship recipients notified: Immediately following the meeting
View our frequently asked questions >
2020 Selection Committee:
Bill Roschen, FAIA Architects Foundation Board Secretary; Principal, Roschen Van Cleve Architects (Chair)
Geraldene Blackgoat, Assoc. AIA Designer, MASS Design Group
Tiffany Brown, AIA Project Manager, SmithGroup
Brynnemarie Lanciotti, AIA Project Architect, Stantec
Jonathan Moody, AIA CEO, Moody Nolan
Thank you to our sponsor!