Student Loan Relief Grant
The Architects Foundation attracts, inspires and invests in the next-generation design community. Through our various scholarship initiatives, we aim to provide support to future architects as they enter school, graduate, pursue licensure, and seek enrichment opportunities.
Becoming a licensed architect is increasingly costly for architecture graduates: An architecture student graduates with at least $10,000 more debt than the average student. This causes great concerns for graduates trying to find entry level jobs and puts architecture graduates at risk of making early career changes.
We would like to provide a $5,000 annual scholarship to support graduates who are struggling with student debt.
Applicants must have:
- Graduated from a NAAB-accredited architecture program
- Demonstrated intent on pursuing a career in architecture
- Associate AIA or AIA member in good standing
- Demonstrated involvement in community and/or professional organization(s); particularly those related to the A/E/C community
Applicants will be asked to provide the following:
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from an AIA member)
- Personal statement
- Copy of loan documents (Payment will be made directly to lender)
Applications for the 2022 Student Loan Relief Grant are closed. Sign up to receive notifications on the next application cycle opening.
Application period: May TBD – July TBD
Review period: August – September 2022
Scholarship recipient selection meeting: September 2022
Scholarship recipients notified: Immediately following the meeting
View our frequently asked questions >
2022 Selection Committee:
The 2022 selection committee will be released. Please address letters of recommendation to “The Student Loan Relief Selection Committee.”