Designing a new future
The Architects Foundation leads philanthropic efforts that lay the foundation of architecture’s future, by attracting, inspiring and investing in new and diverse generations of architects who will create inclusive spaces and places of tomorrow.
- We believe architects use the power of design to positively impact our world, solving problems, transforming lives, and creating a better world.
- We believe architects are uniquely qualified to influence the social as well as physical communities they design. As such, we believe the architectural profession needs to respectfully and inclusively reflect the diverse society it serves.
- We believe the irrepressible spirit of architects can be harnessed to support and empower a diverse next-generation design community.
- We believe in the power of historic preservation to not only teach the legacy of the past to future generations, but to ensure that places with meaning remain relevant in our lives today. We use the historic but still thriving Octagon to bring this belief to life, through exhibits and partnerships that demonstrate the value architects and architecture bring to culture.
- As the essential, 501c(3) charitable partner of AIA, we believe the Institute stands stronger by encouraging a culture of philanthropy to help enable and empower members’ efforts to drive positive change through the power of design.
Read our 2017 Architects Foundation Annual Report.