Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship
The Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship recognizes the significant contributions of emerging professionals at early stages in their careers and helps defray the costs associated with the Architect Registration Examination (ARE). Developed by the AIA National Associates Committee, the scholarship honors the memory of late friend and colleague, Jason Pettigrew. Scholarship recipients receive funds to cover the cost of the ARE and study materials.
Congratulations to the 2017 recipients!
Fuller Hanan, Assoc. AIA
Rebecca Willis, Assoc. AIA
Ricardo Maga Rojas, Assoc. AIA
Sarah Page, Assoc. AIA
Ali Alsaleh, Assoc. AIA
Danielle Mitchell, Assoc. AIA
Marcy Monroe, Assoc. AIA
- be a current Associate AIA member,
- hold an active National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) record,
- and be eligible to sit for the Architect Registration Examination (ARE).
Please note: AIA National Associate Committee members are not eligible to apply for the scholarship (this includes members of the advisory committee and regional associate directors).
Applications should demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Significant contributions to the profession at an early career stage
- Exemplary involvement in community and/or professional organizations
- Outstanding achievement in the creation, development, and delivery of creative programs for emerging professionals in architecture
- Passion for pursuit of architectural licensure
Apply online beginning May 7, 2018. The deadline for applications is July 11, 2018, 11:59pm Eastern.
- Review eligibility and application criteria (above).
- Complete the online application.
- Submit the following materials:
- Statement of contribution to the profession (limited to one page)
- One professional biography and/or résumé (limited to two pages)
- Primary recommendation letter (limited to one page)
- Two additional recommendation letters from a colleague or supervisor (limited to one page each)
- Proof of eligibility to sit for the ARE
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.