Student Loan Relief Grant
The Architects Foundation attracts, inspires and invests in the next-generation design community. Through our various scholarship initiatives, we aim to provide support to future architects as they enter school, graduate, pursue licensure, and seek enrichment opportunities.
Becoming a licensed architect is increasingly costly for architecture graduates. Statistics show that an architecture student graduates with substantially more debt than the average student. This causes great concerns for graduates trying to find entry level jobs and puts architecture graduates at risk of making early career changes.
This scholarship is awarded annually. Recipients receive a one-time grant of $5,000 to aid in their student loan repayment.
Applicants must have:
- Graduated from a NAAB-accredited architecture program
- Demonstrated intent on pursuing a career in architecture
- Associate AIA or AIA member in good standing
- Demonstrated involvement in community and/or professional organization(s); particularly those related to the A/E/C community
Applications for the 2024 Student Loan Relief Grant will open in March 2024. Want to apply for the award in the future? Sign up to receive notifications on the next application cycle opening.
Applicants will be asked to provide the following:
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from an AIA member)
- Personal statement
- Copy of loan documents (Payment will be made directly to lender)
View our frequently asked questions >
2024 Selection Committee:
The 2024 selection committee will be released. Please address letters of recommendation to “The Student Loan Relief Selection Committee.”
Application period: March – May 2024
Review period: TBD
Scholarship recipient selection meeting: TBD
Scholarship recipients notified: TBD
First scholarship disbursement: September 2024